Bit IRA is #3 in our List of Best Cryptocurrency IRA Companies
- Ranking – Third Place
- Customer Support Rating – 95% out of 100%
- Quality Rating – 92% out of 100%
- Pricing and Fees Rating – 85% out of 100%
Briefly Summarizing Our Review of Bit IRA
As a crypto investor, you only want to work with the best companies in the field with the strongest reputation. While Bit IRA excels in some areas, they leave a lot to be desired in others. Our top cryptocurrency IRA recommendation is Regal Wallet (read our review here.)
We’ve ranked Bit IRA third out of three. A summary of our reasons for this ranking include the following:
- They provide a few helpful client features.
- They lead the industry in security which is a big plus.
- They offer a range of crypto options to invest in.
- They have solid reporting capabilities.
- They have advanced currency exchange capabilities through their Bit IRA portal.
- They have received numerous customer complaints at the BBB under their parent company Birch Gold Group (we’ll address these later.)
Bit IRA: Background & Company Information
Bit IRA is a subsidiary of Birch Gold Group, a precious metals dealer in business for the past 16 years. They recently branched out into dealing cryptocurrencies in 2017 when they formed their newest business venture called Bit IRA.
Their ultimate goal is to help investors enter into the Bitcoin investing space. But they want them to invest as part of their retirement savings. So they help their clients open Bitcoin IRAs (aka cryptocurrency IRAs).
The company offers customers their combined experience of 100 plus years of alternative retirement investing including precious metals and cryptocurrency. And they will continue to use their knowledge and expertise to help willing customers.
Over the last three years, Birch Gold has shifted their focus by entering the crypto investment space. They are now looked upon as a leader in this budding and brand-new industry. They’ve achieved exceptional results helping customers open and manage their cryptocurrency IRA accounts to great success.
Because of their strong and consistent efforts, they’ve received the highest rankings on sites like the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). And their hard work and dedication has certainly paid dividends for their customers and the business on the whole.
Bit IRA: Outstanding Website Features
We’ve discovered some exciting features on the Bit IRA website and portal. These features really help set them apart from the competition.
A few of the highlights include:
- They don’t charge a fee when customers sell currencies, unlike many rivals.
- They offer significant reporting capabilities on their website.
- They give customers access to their complete transaction history by viewing it through the IRA account portal.
- They provide detailed reporting, which is significantly better than the competition.
- They make it simple to exchange currencies on their online platform.
Bit IRA: Online Reviews and Ratings
Throughout the years, Bit IRA and parent company Birch Gold Group have accrued a number of reviews, ratings, and accolades for their companies. Unfortunately, they’ve also received a number of serious complaints that bring the merits of these companies into question.
First, the reviews and ratings:
- They have an A+ ranking with the BBB
- They have a AAA ranking with the BCA
- They have 5 out of 5 stars with TrustPilot (based on 102 reviews)
- They have 5 out of 5 stars with Trustlink (based on 73 reviews)
- They have 5 out of 5 stars with the Yellow Pages (based on 35 reviews)
- They have 5 out of 5 stars with Yelp (based on 6 reviews)
Pretty good so far, right? They seem like an amazing company. And for so many customers, they’ve obviously done tremendous work.
But now we begin to see some major red flags. Unfortunately, not all of their customers have had amazing experiences. Some have had downright scary issues with these companies – Birch Gold Group in particular.
Bit IRA: Customer Complaints
The biggest glaring complaints include:
- One customer was very skeptical of their sales practices. In fact, this customer was very distraught and upset with the entire process. This person felt that their sales practices were misleading and geared more to benefit Birch Gold as opposed to the customer. They felt that products that they didn’t want on need were being pushed recklessly. And these products were contradictory toward their investment goals.
- Another customer purchased $49,974.33 worth of silver and gold proof sets. The salesperson assured the customer that these sets were valued higher than silver and gold bullion. It turns out this wasn’t true as the investor later discovered when their quarterly statement valued them at $27,156.75.
- The next complaint is similar to the one above. In 2018 an unhappy customer received their quarterly statement from Strata Trust. They discovered their account lost $20,000 in value, which was nearly half the account. Since the value of gold wasn’t cut in half during 2018, something fishy and unscrupulous was obviously going on. The problem was somewhat resolved, but not entirely to the customer’s satisfaction.
There are other complaints that we could mention but we think you get the picture. Birch Gold and Bit IRA have clearly helped many customers throughout the years. But they’ve also made other customer’s lives miserable. They’ve damaged them financially to a degree that they might not recover from.
Bit IRA: Contact Information
- Company website – www.bitira.com
- Phone number – 1-800-299-1567
- Company address – 3500 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 730, Burbank, CA 91505 (in the Central Park Building)
Examine All of Your Options before Investing in Cryptocurrencies
Your retirement and personal financial freedom is at stake when you invest for retirement. You could unintentionally make a mistake that might set you back for years. Or even worse, you could suffer a financial setback and never recover.
That’s why you have to research the most reputable companies in the crypto space. Sure, Bit IRA has some wonderful features and they’ve helped investors get ahead in retirement. They’ve also harmed other investors and jeopardized their retirement future.
We think Bit IRA is a decent option for cryptocurrency IRA investing. But Regal Wallet is our favorite choice for a plethora of reasons.
If you’re serious about crypto investing for retirement, we recommend contacting Regal Wallet right away. They’ll gladly send you a free Bitcoin IRA Investing Kit, a free DVD titled “The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin” and other wonderful goodies to help you get started.
Definitely give them a call to get your hands on these incredible free gifts today.