Advantage Gold is 7th Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA rating: AA
- BCA Complaints: 0 in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: A+
- BBB Complaints: 2 in the past 3 years
- Trustlink: (5/5 stars) based on 498 reviews and complaints
Future retirees see the value in diversifying their portfolio. Like you, they recognize that some investments will suffer while others skyrocket and deliver mass abundance.
Guess what? The US economy is on the brink of turmoil once again. The current stock market may look great right now. But what happens when the market finally takes a nosedive during the upcoming recession? Are you prepared to take a massive financial hit?
Even better, you can avoid financial trouble altogether by making a simple change. Instead of simply investing in index funds, mutual funds, and your traditional 401k or IRA, you have to add precious metals to the mix. You know this as well as anyone else. Otherwise you wouldn’t want to learn more about Advantage Gold.
If you’re thinking about investing in gold, you couldn’t do much better than choosing our 7th gold company recommendation. They are a great company and have received high praise during their time in business.
But like all the companies on our Top 10 list, we’ve thoroughly vetted them with our seven critical factors test. Continue reading to find out how well Advantage Gold passed the test.
How Advantage Gold Stacks Up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
We will evaluate Advantage Gold using seven critical factors. It’s the results of this evaluation that places this company in seventh place on our Top 10 List of Gold IRA Companies.
We want our readers to know about each company that we evaluate. That’s why we’ve chosen to share everything that we’ve discovered in this review. During the evaluation process, we will review Advantage Gold in the following areas:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesmanship
Our readers deserve to have a great experience when opening a precious metals IRA. And our full evaluation of the top 10 companies will help them make the best decision when choosing a gold IRA company. To find out more about Advantage Gold and how they stack up against the competition, please keep reading.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
Advantage Gold LLC first started selling precious metals online in 2014. So they’ve only been in business for the last five years. But during this time, they’ve really impressed many happy customers. In fact, they’ve received over 500 reviews on trusted sites like the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA), Trustlink, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
We’ve scoured their testimonials and reviews and have noticed a few outstanding areas where the company really stands out. A summary of what their customers had to say includes:
- The company is highly skilled and processes an abundance of knowledge about precious metals and precious metals markets.
- They have a personable staff that is polite, patient, and ready to offer their help at a moment’s notice.
- The company is flexible, incredibly helpful, and determined to satisfy all of their customers. They regularly provide status updates, advice, and callbacks when needed.
Current and former customers really like this company. They feel their employees are trustworthy, knowledgeable, and experts in all things related to precious metal IRAs.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium Coins
Advantage Gold offers a wide array of precious metals IRA approved coins to purchase directly on their site. Their most highly sought after investments include:
- Woodland Caribou Gold Bullion Coins
- Canadian Wild Horse Gold Bullion Coins
- American Gold Eagle Bullion Coins
- Wolverine Silver Bullion Coins
- Bighorn Sheep Silver Bullion Coins
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Coins
- Humpback Whale Platinum Coins
- Emperor Penguin Platinum Coins
- American Platinum Eagle Proof Coins
- Canadian Palladium Maple Leaf Coins
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
According to their website, Advantage Gold feels they have a leg up on the competition because of their wonderful buyback program. In their own words they have the following to share with their customers:
“At any time, you can sell back any metals that you bought from us, and we will pay you the fair market value of the metals! We would pay you, at the minimum, the spot price at the time of liquidation – and for many coins, we would pay you well above that level, depending on the wholesale market.”
Advantage Gold recommends doing business with one approved IRA custodian. The company in question is named Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. (SDIRA). The company was founded in 2008 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Horizon Bank, established in 1905.
They also do business with two IRS approved depositories. The names of the companies are Brinks Global Services USA, Inc. and Delaware Depository. Both companies offer segregated and co-mingled stockpiling.
If given the option, choose segregated stockpiling versus co-mingled stockpiling. Segregated means your precious metals are stored in a dedicated vault. Co-mingled stockpiling means the gold in your precious metals IRA is stored in a vault used for multiple clients. Clearly, segregated stockpiling is the superior option.
5. IRA Fees
Evidently, there are fees associated with owning gold, silver, and other precious metals as part of an IRA account. More than likely, you’ll pay fees in the following areas:
- account setup fees
- storage fees
- insurance fees
- custodian fees
According to their website, Advantage Gold fees work two ways. They include the following:
- One-time dealer premium at purchase; no annual fee
- Broker commissions in addition to 0.40% annual fee each year
6. Account Setup & Delivery
It’s fairly easy to open a gold IRA account with Advantage Gold. At the top right of their website, click the gold button that says “Open IRA” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Or if you prefer, you can write to them using the contact form on their website. Or you can call them at 800-341-8584.
As far as delivery is concerned, the company doesn’t share this information on their website. Contact one of their customer service representatives to find out more information on this topic.
7. Customer Service & Salesmanship
Advantage Gold has really impressed their customers in the past five years and counting. They really excel in customer service and salesmanship. Some of the most exciting things past customers had to say about them include:
- Derek D. says, “Great company!! And very informative! I had the opportunity to speak with Cody in regards to the self directed gold IRA and how exactly I could acquire precious metals. He took a very educational approach with me, walked me through all my options and answered every question and concern I had in regards to the process making me feel extremely comfortable with it. Highly suggest using Advantage Gold!”
- HB G. says, “Great service! I had a great experience with Advantage Gold, everyone I talked to there was super polite and informative!”
As you can undoubtedly tell, Advantage Gold is trustworthy and they live up to their stellar reputation.
Advantage Gold Contact Details
- Address: 12100 Wilshire Blvd, Suite #1450, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Phone: (800) 341-8584
- Site: www.advantagegold.com