APMEX is 8th Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA Rating: BBB
- BCA Complaints: 1 in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: A+
- BBB Complaints: 2 in the past 3 years
- Trustlink: (5/5 stars) based on 2 reviews and complaints
When determining your retirement plan, it’s best to maintain a diversified portfolio. You and other investors realize that certain investments – like gold – lead to greater returns.
Unfortunately, there’s lots of political and economic tension in the United States these days. Even worse, it appears the economy is on the verge of another major recession.
Guess what? It’s the opportune time to diversify and enter gold IRA retirement investing. Why? When the US economy struggles, gold and other precious metals tend to rise in value.
Stop worrying about a total loss to your portfolio after the stock market takes a big hit during the recession. Your gold, silver, platinum, and palladium investments will hedge your freefalling stock market account.
Precious metals investments will prop up your overall retirement investments and solidify your returns. Even when your stock investments sink into oblivion, your precious metals will thrive in this challenging economy.
Are you ready to begin with a gold IRA? Purchasing precious metals from APMEX is certainly a good idea. They rank 8th on our top 10 list of the best gold brokers doing business today.
Please realize that we’ve evaluated hundreds of companies that we’ve distilled to our 10 favorites. So, even ranking 8th on this list is still a really big deal.
How APMEX Stacks Up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
To determine if APMEX belonged on our top 10 list, we’ve evaluated it using seven critical factors. The overall evaluation results determined that APMEX landed in 8th place when graded against hundreds of other companies.
As we initiated the evaluation process, we used the following criteria to better understand each gold company. The criteria are as follows:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesmanship
We want our readers to have a fantastic experience as they begin investing in a precious metals IRA. By evaluating these companies, we help them determine the best gold company to meet their needs. Keep reading to discover everything we learned about APMEX during our evaluation process.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
APMEX is based out of Oklahoma City, OK. Their company is BBB accredited since April 29, 2004 and they have 19 years in business. Their longevity speaks volumes. They wouldn’t have lasted in business this long if they didn’t work hard to meet customer needs.
During their 19 years in business, they’ve collected a wide range of reviews on trusted peer review websites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA), and Trustlink.
After digging through their testimonials and reviews, we’ve recognized areas where APMEX seems to really excel. Some of their best customer highlights include:
- Overall, 89% of customers appear to have a very good experience placing their first order with APMEX according to Trustpilot. After placing an order, customers tend to receive their products very quickly. They appear to ship fast too as soon as the funds clear.
- Other customers believe that their prices are above average. They feel that their service is great. And they offer a wide selection of gold, platinum, silver, and palladium products to purchase.
As you can tell, past and current customers have good experiences with APMEX. They have a knowledgeable and trustworthy staff. And their precious metals acumen is second to none.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium Best Sellers
They sell a wide range of precious metals on their website. They even have a section with their best current deals. Some of their best-selling products include:
- 2019 S. Africa 1 Ounce Silver Krugerrand BU
- 1 Ounce Silver Bar
- ¼ Ounce Gold American Eagle BU
- 1 Ounce Gold Bar
- 2019 1 Ounce Gold American Eagle
On a side note, please recognize that APMEX sells many different types of precious metals. Not all of their products are eligible for a precious metals IRA investment. So remember to ask your customer representative about eligibility ahead of time before making purchases.
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
According to their website under the “Sell to Us” heading, “as one of the largest buyers of bullion, numismatics, semi-numismatics, rare coins, and currency, APMEX has purchased over $1 billion from the retail market.” So, they are obviously more than willing to buy back your precious metals at fair market value.
APMEX only provides their customers with one global depository solution. They trust Citadel Global Depository Services Inc. to meet all of their customer depository needs.
Why Citadel? Simply put, they provide a simple, convenient, and cost-effective solution to all APMEX customers. Customers gain access to real time reporting and management tools and insurance. The annual fees are really low as well. They are as little as 55 basis points on the low end and as much as 150 basis points on the high end.
Even better, Citadel uses Brinks Global Services USA, Inc. as their exclusive secure storage provider for domestic US customers. Brinks is a well-respected and highly trusted name in storage and security. So you know your precious metals are in good hands with them.
5. IRA Fees
Although not clearly defined, you will be required to pay APMEX certain fees throughout the year. Typically, average IRA fees include:
- custodian costs
- fees for storage
- fees for account set up
We’ve already determined that storage fees run from 55 basis points to 150 basis points. Speak to a qualified customer service representative to find out more about their fees.
6. Account Setup & Delivery
Account setup is fairly easy to accomplish according to the APMEX website. Simply call them at 800-375-9006 or email them at IRA@apmex.com for more information.
They focus on delivery on demand. You can take possession of your precious metals whenever you want. As far as shipping costs go, everything over $500 is free. If your order is below $500, they charge a $9.95 shipping fee.
7. Customer Service & Salesmanship
APMEX is known for its excellent customer service. They’ve gone above and beyond during their 19 years in business. And as far as we can tell, they do not employ pushy sales people on their staff.
Their former customers have the following to say about APMEX:
- Ken S. says, “Overall experience = positive. I have bought PMs for delivery on several occasions from APMEX and the experience was excellent! Got exactly what I ordered in a fast and timely manner. During business hours there is a chat representative available to answer questions. I think this is a great place to do business.”
- Kay L. says, “I have had an overall good experience with APMEX. APMEX’s website was easy to navigate and check out was a breeze. My packages have arrived discreetly and securely packaged. The condition of my items has been pretty good.”
It’s quite obvious that customers trust APMEX. This company lives up to its excellent reputation.
APMEX Contact Details
- Address: 226 Dean A. McGee Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Phone: (800) 375-9006
- Email: IRA@apmex.com
- Site: www.apmex.com
APMEX is 8th Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies!