Augusta Precious Metals is 4th Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA Rating: AAA
- BCA Complaints: 2 grievances in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: A+
- BBB Complaints: 1 complaint in the past 3 years
- Trust link: (5/5 stars) based on 240 reviews and complaints
Investing can be difficult for many of us. There are so many different investment vehicles to choose from that it’s hard to keep track of them all. And it’s hard to ignore much of the misinformation being shared by scammers and unscrupulous marketers trying to make a quick buck.
Thankfully you’ve found your way here. You now know the truth about investing in gold and realize the true power of this investment vehicle. You understand that opening a precious metals IRA will provides wealth and stability for many years to come during retirement.
The 4th highest rated company on our Top 10 list is Augusta Precious Metals. They’ve received high praise over the years and have an excellent track record. They are worthy of the honor of being in 4th place as you are about to discover.
How Augusta Precious Metals Stacks up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
This test allows investors to discover the reasons why this gold company is so highly regarded. It also helps them learn areas where they need improvement. The critical factors that we evaluate include:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesman
We’ve taken a close look at Augusta Precious Metals using these criteria. We will share our results with you below.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
Augusta Precious Metals has received hundreds of positive reviews online throughout the years. Indeed, their reviews on Trustlink, the BBB, and BCA websites are mostly stellar with only a few complaints.
You can tell their customers have had excellent experiences doing business with Augusta Precious Metals for the following reasons:
- They have the highest available ratings on the BBB and BCA websites.
- Augusta Precious Metals received a full 5 out of 5 stars on Trustlink.
- The company has also received high praise from many previous customers. Their accolades include outstanding service, honesty and reliability, very professional and friendly, and they’re considered an ethical and trusted company.
Its wonderful sentiments like these that keep Augusta Precious Metals held in such high regard.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Gold and Silver Bullion Coins and Rounds
Augusta Precious Metals offers customers a diverse line of gold and silver bullion coin products to choose from. They all meet the correct classifications for a precious metals IRA.
A few of their more popular products include:
- American Silver Eagle Coin
- American Gold Eagle Coin
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Coin
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf Coin
- America the Beautiful – Fort Moultrie Quarter
- 2018 Royal Canadian Mint Silver Eagle with the Nest
- and many other fine choices
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
Life can throw curveballs at us from time to time. Everything could seem perfectly fine one moment. And then the next moment, you find yourself in need of cold hard cash.
Investing in a precious metals IRA from Augusta Precious Metals is perfect for your retirement future. But you will occasionally need to sell some of your metals when you find yourself in need of money fast.
Thankfully, Augusta Precious Metals does offer its customers a buyback program. They do not share too many details about this service on their website. So you’ll need to speak with a customer service representative to find out more information about it.
Stockpiling happens in two different ways. Segregated stockpiling means your precious metals are stored in a dedicated vault. No other investors’ metals are stored with yours. Co-mingled stockpiling is just like it sounds. Your gold is stored in a vault with other investors’ precious metals.
Augusta Precious Metals uses a wide-range of depositories across the United States and Canada. And many (if not all) of their selected storage providers offer segregated and co-mingled stockpiling to meet your needs. Their options include:
- Los Angeles, CA – Brinks Global Services
- Salt Lake City, UT – Brinks Global Services
- Nampa, ID – Idaho Armored Vault
- Mississauga, Canada – International Depository Services (IDS)
- Wilmington, DE – Delaware Depository
- Wilmington, DE – First State Depository
- New Castle, DE – International Depository Services (IDS)
- Bridgewater, MA – CNT Depository
- New York, NY – Brinks Global Services
- Jackson, OH – Brinks Global Services
- South Fargo, ND – Dakota Depository Company
- Las Vegas, NV – A-M Global Logistics
5. IRA Fees
It’s difficult to tell exactly how much customers have to pay in fees based on the information on their website. But make no mistakes. You will pay fees. Ask a representative how much and what they represent.
For the most part, the typical fees precious metals IRA investors tend to pay include the following:
- Storage fees
- Custodial fees
- Insurance fees
- Account setup fees
6. Account Setup & Delivery
Based on information shared on the Augusta Precious Metals website, here is what you need to know about this topic:
- Setup time – instead of offering an estimated timeframe regarding account setup, they ask their customers to contact a specialist at 1-800-700-1008 to find out more.
- Delivery – qualifying orders receive free delivery. Their average order ships in 7 to 10 days once it’s confirmed. Tack on extra days for shipping – maybe another 1 to 2, but it’s not clear. They ship via USPS Express Mail and FedEx. If the order is large, they have Brinks Armored handle the shipping.
7. Customer Support & Salemanship
Augusta is a great company with an excellent reputation. Some positive things reviewers had to say about them include:
- Jodene J. says, “Augusta is a great company. Their people are personable, friendly and knowledgeable. I felt like I developed a lasting relationship because of their caring for my needs. Service was quick and easy, yet safe and secure.”
- Lynn L. says, “Jeff was so great to work with. He helps you with every step of the process, making calls and sending emails as needed. He was quite patient and kind with every step. We are very happy with the process through Augusta Metals and would recommend them to anyone.”
Clearly, Augusta customers are very happy with their experiences. They like the staff and do not feel pressured to buy anything, and they enjoy the helpful process.
Augusta Precious Metals Contact Details
- Address: 8484 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 515, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Phone: (800) 700-1008
- Fax: (424) 270-0773
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.augustapreciousmetals.com/