Birch Gold is 3rd Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA Rating: AAA
- BCA Complaints: 2 resolved complaints and 1 Five Star review in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: A+
- BBB Complaints: 6 resolved complaints and an average of 72 Five Star reviews in the past 3 years
- TrustLink: (5/5 stars) based on 125 reviews and complaints
With 17 years of experience and an impeccable reputation, Birch Gold is a company you can trust. They work hard to build a rapport with their customers because they understand the value of portfolio diversity. They have high standards that shines through while providing customer empowerment and education, transparency, efficiency, empathy, and ethics.
At Birch Gold Group, their main goal is simple. They focus their efforts on helping Americans achieve a diversified retirement portfolio with physical precious metals.
Why is this important? It’s critical now more than ever because of geopolitical uncertainty, inflation, and a volatile stock market.
The US dollar is in trouble. It’s time to face facts. And the more the US continues to print new currency, the less value the US dollar will retain. Birch Gold wants to protect you from the vampires looking to diminish your wealth. And they intend to accomplish this feat by setting up their customers with a precious metals IRA.
I’ve awarded Birch Gold 3rd place on my top 10 list of gold IRA companies. They deserve their high ranking because they go above and beyond for their customers in a myriad of ways. I awarded them 3rd place because:
- They have many satisfied customers over the past 17 years
- They have fantastic online reviews from previous customers
- They have fewer and less serious complaints when compared to their competitors
- They are endorsed by trusted experts including Ben Schapiro, Floyd Brown, Jim Rogers, Steve Forbes, and Peter Schiff to name a few
Before moving forward, take a moment to visit their website. Provide your full name, email address, and phone number to get access to their free information kit.
How Birch Gold Stacks Up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
I’d never recommend a company that doesn’t pass muster. I spend hours of my time reviewing each gold company that I recommend. And I perform a complete examination of their business from top to bottom using 7 critical factors.
Every investor should research gold companies like Birch Gold with meticulous detail. But at the same time, I understand that most people are too busy to perform this task. That’s why I’ve taken it upon myself to research Birch Gold and provide you with the information that I’ve discovered.
As mentioned, I use 7 critical factors to determine whether a precious metals IRA company belongs on my top 10 list. To decide whether a company belongs in the top 10 or not, I consider the following 7 critical factors:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins, bars, and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesman
I’ve poured through Birch Gold’s website with a fine-tooth comb. Although they aren’t perfect – who is – they definitely deserve to make the top three and you’ll soon know why.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
Since 2003, Birch Gold has gone above and beyond to provide their customers with excellent service. For anyone opening a gold IRA with Birch Gold, it’s a $10,000 minimum investment to open an IRA account. And to make cash purchases, you’ll need to make a $5000 investment to receive physical delivery.
Customers have proudly voiced their opinions about this wonderful business over the years. They’ve received numerous positive reviews on Trustlink, the Better Business Bureau website, and the Business Consumer Alliance site.
As with anything, you’ll read a truckload of positive reviews and the occasional negative review thrown in the mix. During the past 17 years, Birch Gold helped thousands of customers successfully diversify their retirement portfolio with a gold IRA investment. And they’ll continue to do so for many years to come.
As you can see above, Birch Gold has received the highest rankings from all three of these ratings websites. What does this tell you? It tells you that Birch Gold is a trustworthy organization that takes care of their customers.
How do I know this is true? Well, I spent a long time reading through their reviews. You don’t have to because I already took care of this for you. Some of the main highlights include:
- They do an extraordinary job and customers are always happy with their experiences
- Customers have purchased gold and other precious metals from them for nearly two decades
- Eligible rollover accounts include SEP, Roth, traditional, and Simple IRAs
- Eligible transfer accounts typically include employer sponsored retirement savings plans like 401(k)s and 403(b)s
- Stuart, Jake, and other team members provide top level service and answer customer questions with thought, clarity, and care
- Many customers perform multiple rollovers or transfers through Birch Gold because they work quickly and efficiently
Click here to visit Birch Gold’s website. Don’t forget to provide your full name, email address, and phone number to receive their free information kit.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Coins, Bars, and Rounds
This company works diligently to provide their customers with the best precious metals to purchase. Since we’re focusing on precious metals IRA accounts, consider their most popular gold and silver investments for portfolio diversification.
Their most popular products include:
- American Gold Eagle (bullion)
- American Gold Eagle (proof)
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf
- America the Beautiful Silver Series
- Gold Gryfalcon
- Silver Gryfalcon
- American Buffalo
- Gold Twin Maples
- Silver Twin Maples
Learn more about Birch Gold’s IRA approved offerings by visiting their website.
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
Financial hardships will arise throughout your lifetime and you must be prepared for the inevitable. On occasion, you may have to sell some of your precious metals investments quickly to raise cash for an emergency. As a Birch Gold customer, you have the opportunity to sell your metals back to them at fair market value.
What does this mean? It means that Birch Gold is willing to purchase precious metals from their customers when they’re in a bind. But they cannot guarantee buybacks. Why? California law prohibits them from doing so.
So, there is no buyback guarantee. But the higher-ups at Birch Gold assure me that they’ve never refused a buyback from a customer. They have an excellent track record and they let it speak for itself.
Visit Birch Gold’s website to sign up for their free information kit.
New investors fail to understand the ins and outs of precious metals stockpiling. But it’s a simplified process to understand. In fact, only two options exist. Your options include segregated stockpiling and co-mingled stockpiling.
To better understand each choice, here is an explanation:
- Segregated stockpiling – this is my preferred choice. Why? For a $150 fee, Birch Gold will keep your precious metals investments stored separately from other investors. This means your investments are stored in a dedicated vault and not lumped in with every other investors’ precious metals.
- Co-mingled stockpiling – this is my least favorite choice. Although less expensive at $100 annually, your precious metals are stored in a secured vault shared by other investors. It’s definitely safe to use vaults shared by other investors. But it’s even better to have the added security of a segregated and dedicated vault in my opinion.
Birch Gold works closely with three highly regarded depositories to handle all of your gold storage needs. Their trustworthy and reputable connections include International Depository Services, Brinks Global Services, and Delaware Depository. These depositories have locations throughout the US in Dallas, Delaware, Los Angeles, New York City, and Seal Beach, CA.
5. IRA Fees
According to Birch Gold, their precious metals IRA fee structure is as follows:
- Minimum $10,000 investment to open an IRA account
- One time $50 setup fee
- $100 co-mingled storage fee billed annually
- $150 segregated storage fee billed annually
- $80 management fee billed annually
- $30 wire transfer fee (as needed)
- Free shipping for cash purchases over $10,000
This company also has a number of ongoing promotions. They include the following:
- Qualified purchases receive up to $10,000 in free precious metals
- They waive the first year’s fees when opening an IRA with over $50,000
6. Account Setup & Delivery
Birch Gold has recently changed their IRA custodian of choice. They formerly worked with STRATA and Kingdom Trust. Now they have an equitable working relationship with Equity Trust.
According to the BBB, Equity Trust has an A+ rating although they aren’t accredited with the organization. They’ve been in business for 46 years and maintain an average of 4 out of 5 stars based on 43 customer reviews. They’ve successfully closed 34 complaints in the last three years. And in the last 12 months, they’ve successfully closed 13 complaints to the customer’s satisfaction.
7. Customer Support & Salesmanship
Throughout the years, Birch Gold has satisfied many of their dedicated customers. In fact, they have so many positive 5-star reviews that it’s hard to keep track of them all. But to help you get a better feel for the praise they receive; I’d like to summarize a portion of their regular reviews below. They include things like:
- Customers couldn’t be more satisfied with their rollover procedures
- Their dedicated staff is incredibly patient and willing to take time to answer all of their customers’ most pressing questions
- New precious metals investors feel the company lives up to their stellar reputation
- Customers consider Birch Gold invaluable partners helping provide much-needed portfolio diversification
- Former happy customers are proud to recommend Birch Gold Group to their friends, family members, and colleagues
Visit Birch Gold’s website to sign up for their free investor’s information kit.
Birch Gold Contact Details
- Address: Central Park Building, 3500 W. Olive Ave., Suite 730, Burbank, CA 91505
- Phone: (800) 355-2116
- Fax: (800) 965-3620
- Website: http://www.birchgold.com/