Goldco is 5th Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA Rating: AAA
- BCA Complaints: 0 in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: N/A
- BBB Complaints: N/A
- Trust link: (4.8/5 stars) based on 240 reviews and complaints
Investing our money is never the simplest thing to do. With so many options to choose from, it’s often tough to decide where to put our hard earned cash.
You may ask yourself things like, “Do I invest in the stock market?” Or maybe you’ve wondered whether or not precious metals are the best investment. Even worse, you know you’re being bombarded with misinformation online. Everyone wants to get their hands in your pocket to take what’s rightfully yours.
Guess what? You made the right choice by learning more about investing in precious metals. Buying gold and silver for retirement will preserve your portfolio and provide excellent financial gains for years to come.
We’ve rated Goldco 5th place on our top 10 list of gold IRA companies and for good reason. In the last 13 years, this company has far exceeded customer expectations. They’ve garnered much praise within the precious metals industry. And they are an excellent company to do business with in this space.
How Goldco Stacks Up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
We evaluate each company on our top 10 list based on seven critical factors. We’ve chosen these factors to help investors learn more about each business. We closely evaluate each company based on the following factors:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesmanship
Our readers deserve a great experience when opening a gold IRA for the first time. So we’ve evaluated Goldco based on the seven critical factors mentioned above. You can learn more about how they fared below in our detailed review.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
Goldco first began selling precious metals to the public 13 years ago online. In this time, they’ve gathered many reviews and high praise from current and former customers. Even more so, they’ve attracted the attention of powerful and trustworthy review sites. They’ve received reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Business Consumer Alliance (BCA), and Trustlink websites.
Their valued customers truly appreciate the great experiences they’ve had doing business with Goldco. Some of the typical praise heaped upon this company includes:
- Goldco is very informative and easy to do business with. The staff is efficient. Customer service is incredibly helpful. And their customers ultimately have a great experience when opening a gold IRA.
- The people at Goldco are consummate professionals. Not only are they helpful, but they are also caring and go out of their way to answer questions.
- Company representatives are polite. They explain their processes and procedures clearly and effectively. They make their customers feel at ease and comfortable during the gold buying and IRA setup processes.
Clearly, Goldco is an excellent company to work with. The positive sentiments from previous happy customers are proof enough.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Gold and Silver Bullion Coins and Rounds
Goldco provides their customers with a wide range of silver and gold products to purchase for their retirement portfolio. Each one of the investments they sell is precious metals IRA compliant. Some of their most popular options include:
- American Eagle Gold Coin
- American Eagle Proof Gold Coin
- Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin
- Arctic Fox Gold Coin
- Vienna Philharmonic Gold Coin
- American Buffalo Gold Coin
- Britannia Lunar Year of the Rooster (Royal Mint) Silver Coin
- 20th Anniversary Britannia w/ Edge Lettering (Royal Mint) Silver Coin
- 2017 Silver Lucky Dragon (Royal Canadian Mint)
- and others to choose from
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
You never know when you’ll need to quickly get your hands on cash. Problems happen throughout our lives. At certain times, you may need to swiftly sell some of your precious metals in an emergency.
Goldco really cares about its customers. They are willing to buy back precious metals at current market value. They will quickly pay their customers when buying precious metals back from them. So you’ll always have cash on hand fast if you ever need it in an emergency situation.
The majority of gold companies offer two different types of stockpiling options. This happens through outside companies like Brinks Global Services, International Depository Services, and First State Depository to name a few.
The types of stockpiling options include co-mingled stockpiling and segregated stockpiling. When your precious metals are co-mingled, they are stored in a vault used by multiple people besides you. When precious metals are segregated, they are safely stored in a dedicated vault specifically put aside for your investments.
As you can imagine, we only recommend segregated stockpiling. It’s the far superior option of the two current choices.
Thankfully Goldco feels the same way as we do. Your precious metals will be held in an individual depository in your name. They do not provide co-mingled storage to their clients. It is segregated stockpiling only for their valued customers.
5. IRA Fees
Goldco does not share information on the Internet regarding specific fees customers need to pay when doing business with them. But you should know that fees are imminent. This is true no matter the gold broker you eventually choose. Your best bet is to call and speak to customer service to find out the exact amounts.
Typically speaking, a precious metals IRA investor will have to pay the following fees when initially setting up their account. Some of these fees are recurring yearly besides the account set up fees. They include the following:
- custodial expenses
- storage fees
- charges for setting up your account
6. Account Setup & Delivery
As far as setup goes, Goldco doesn’t share specific timelines on their website. On average, the typical gold company takes 30 to 60 days to set up a brand-new account. And also 10 days to initiate the IRA rollover process.
When it comes to delivery, they also failed to share delivery specifics. Our #1 company Regal Assets promises delivery to the depository within seven days. Ask a Goldco customer service representative about their delivery parameters to learn more.
7. Customer Service & Salesmanship
Goldco made 5th place on our list for a good reason. They are a great company with a solid reputation. Previous customers had wonderful things to say about their salesmanship and customer service. The ones that really stood out include:
- Jimmie M. says, “Goldco rep Tony was very helpful and provided all the information and questions/concerns I had for my IRA precious metals transfer. Tony was very patient and knowledgeable in the metals and my concerns to transfer and how to invest my IRA transfer…”
- Dennis M. says, “I was very impressed on how they educated me on the metals and what would work best for me. When speaking to any representative at Goldco they were very friendly and helpful…”
As you can see, the customer service is excellent and the company doesn’t employ any pushy sales tactics. This is a nice change of pace when compared to other companies using unscrupulous sales tactics.
Goldco Contact Details
- Address: 21215 Burbank Blvd. #600, Woodland Hills, CA 91367-7091
- Phone: (855) 610-4803
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.goldco.com