Goldco is 2nd Place in our List of Top 10 Gold IRA Companies:
- BCA Rating: AAA
- BCA Complaints: 1 resolved complaint and 1 Five Star review in the past 3 years
- BBB Rating: A+
- BBB Complaints: 7 answered and resolved complaints and an average of 35 Five Star reviews in the past 3 years
- Trust link: (4.8/5 stars) based on 249 reviews and complaints
Goldco is a highly respected company selling precious metals online. Their main focus is helping investors diversify their portfolio with a precious metals IRA. This account will allow you to invest in gold, silver, platinum, and palladium for your retirement. It’s an effective way to not only grow your wealth, but protect your nest egg from harsh economic uncertainty.
The world economy is in terrible trouble right now. The coronavirus has caused more than 50 million people to lose their jobs in the United States. The V shaped recovery is underway, but things are happening slower than expected. Until we get a vaccine for this virus, it could mean rough economic uncertainty for many years to come.
Guess what? Precious metals like gold and silver are the perfect hedge against inflation. They also tend to grow in value during times of economic uncertainty. Right now, it’s time to become a precious metals investor. And opening a gold IRA is the best way to capitalize on this unique opportunity.
Goldco is ranked 2nd place on our top 10 list of gold IRA companies. Why? After being in business for more than 13 years, I know that this company does right by its customers and the precious metals industry. It’s received praise and accolades throughout the years. And it has a dedicated base of satisfied customers sharing positive reviews online.
How Goldco Stacks Up in Our 7 Critical Factors Test
I have a thorough evaluation process when looking into each company that I recommend. I must feel confident that I’m making high-quality recommendations to my readership at all times. So, I use 7 critical factors to determine whether or not a company belongs on the top 10 list. The areas that I focus on are as follows:
- online peer-reviewed ratings
- types of precious metals: coins, bars, and rounds
- precious metals buyback program
- IRA fees
- account setup & delivery
- customer support & salesman
I want my readers to have the best experience possible whenever opening a precious metals IRA account. I take this seriously and only focus on sharing the best companies with my readership.
Goldco definitely fits the bill as a high-quality company. In fact, their IRA fees are very reasonable and they sell non-IRA approved precious metals if you’re interested. Plus, their investment minimums are practical and realistic for most investors.
Would you like to learn how well Goldco stacked up with the 7 critical factors? Keep reading to discover the truth. If you prefer, visit Goldco’s website to sign up for their free gold IRA guide and proof Gold American Eagle.
1. Online Peer-Reviewed Ratings
Goldco has developed a stellar reputation while selling precious metals online for the last 13 years. As you can imagine, they’ve amassed tons of praise and excellent customer reviews from former and current customers. And they’ve made their way onto the radar of some of the top peer-reviewed websites in the world. I’m talking about websites like the Business Consumer Alliance, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustlink as well.
It shouldn’t surprise you to learn that their customers appreciate everything that Goldco does for them. And they’re so happy with their purchases that they’re willing to write about their fantastic experiences online. You may find a disgruntled customer every now and then. But for the most part their customers are very happy with their services.
It would take up too much space to fully sing the praises of Goldco based on their customer reviews. But I’d like you to feel the warmth and excitement that I felt reading these reviews online. So, I will summarize the most regularly shared sentiments with you below. Their customers say things like:
- Goldco is a great company. They make their customers feel comfortable and secure throughout the entire gold IRA creation, funding, and purchasing process.
- David, Tony, and the other wonderful Goldco representatives spend time talking to their nervous customers. They make them feel at ease and secure while providing valuable information that helps calm their nerves. This is a big decision for most retirement investors. Goldco’s staff will help put you at ease every step of the way.
- The dedicated team helps customers throughout the gold IRA creation process. They’ll help you initiate an IRA rollover, a 401(k) transfer, or fund your account using another method. And their dedicated team will make you feel comfortable, content, and safe during the entire process.
- Most of their customers end up very satisfied with their purchase experience. They receive callbacks quickly. They love the information that the dedicated staff shares with them. And they feel informed about the precious metals IRA creation process and the steps needed to begin diversifying their investments.
Contact Goldco immediately to sign up to receive their free gold IRA guide.
2. Types of Precious Metals: Bullion Bars and Coins
According to the Goldco website, they sell a wide array of IRA approved precious metals. These investments are the perfect choices to add to your gold IRA portfolio. Some of their most popular IRA eligible gold and silver products include.
- Gold American Eagle
- Gold Buffalo
- Royal Mint Gold Lunar Series Coins
- Gold Canadian Lucky Dragon
- 1-ounce, 5-ounce, 10-ounce, and 100-ounce Gold Bars
- Silver American Eagle
- Silver Canadian Lucky Dragon
- Silver American Bald Eagle
- Royal Mint Silver Britannia Lunar Series Coins
- 1-ounce, 5-ounce, 10-ounce, and 100-ounce Silver Bars
Clearly, Goldco provides their valued customers with many excellent IRA approved precious metals. Sign up for their free gold IRA guide on their website today.
3. Precious Metals Buyback Program
Similar to other top gold IRA companies, Goldco also has a buyback program in place. According to their CEO, they want their customers to give them the first opportunity to buy back their precious metals.
But please keep this in mind…
As a customer, you aren’t required or forced to sell back your precious metals to Goldco first. You certainly have the right to do so, but it isn’t mandatory by any means.
Guess what? If you attempt to sell your precious metals to a different broker or dealer, they will likely make a lowball offer. On the other hand, if you sell to Goldco, as their customer they will likely provide a much higher price. And they’ll make the transaction almost immediately.
As far as stockpiling goes, there are two real choices to consider. Do you choose segregated stockpiling or co-mingled stockpiling? Serious investors recognize the value of segregated stockpiling. It’s the right choice because:
- It keeps your precious metals safely secure in a dedicated vault
- Your precious metals aren’t mixed in with other people’s investments
On the other hand, co-mingled stockpiling means the following:
- Your precious metals are safely secure in a sturdy vault
- They are stored in a vault with precious metals owned by other investors
Taking advantage of segregated stockpiling is simple with Goldco. And believe it or not, it’s also relatively inexpensive too. They work with three storage facilities. And their fee structures are as follows:
- DDSC (Delaware Depository) – co-mingled stockpiling that costs $100 annually
- Brinks Salt Lake City – co-mingled stockpiling that costs $100 annually
- IDS Texas (International Depository Services Group) – segregated stockpiling that only costs $150 annually
Some investors do not mind co-mingled storage. I personally prefer keeping my precious metals IRA investments safe in a segregated vault. But that’s my choice and you’ll have to make the decision on your own.
5. IRA Fees
Goldco has a very simple IRA fee structure that’s easy to understand and perfectly straightforward. In a perfect world, there wouldn’t be any fees for your precious metals IRA. But Goldco deserves to get paid for their hard work so it’s necessary nonetheless.
Their IRA fees are as follows.
- Minimum IRA investment is between $20,000-$25,000
- $50 precious metals self-directed IRA setup fee
- $80 annual maintenance fee
- $100-$150 storage fee (depending on your choice of segregated or non-segregated storage)
- $30 wire transfer fee
- Total initial setup fee with co-mingled storage is $260 and with segregated storage it’s $310
- Goldco is willing to waive the first year’s fees if your initial investment is $50,000 or more
- Non-IRA investment minimum is $3500
- Ongoing promotion: qualified purchases over $50,000 receive 5% back in free precious metals
6. Account Setup & Delivery
Goldco is dedicated to providing their customers with the best service possible. Unlike most companies that take one to two months to set up an IRA account, they tend to work much faster. They understand that their customers need immediate portfolio diversity. So, they work diligently to set up their account as quickly as humanly possible.
Non-IRA purchases receive prompt and free delivery. So, if you’re looking to purchase precious metals outside of your gold IRA, they’ll ship them to you fast. And they won’t charge extra for delivery. Not a bad deal, right?
7. Customer Service & Salesmanship
I chose Goldco as the 2nd place company on the top 10 list for good reason. They have an excellent reputation and their customer service and salesmanship is out of this world. According to their many happy customers, they love Goldco’s dedicated precious metals experts for the following reasons:
- Goldco representatives provide superior service. They’re attentive and informative. And they handle your paperwork quickly, which makes it possible to open your IRA account with lightning speed.
- Account reps always call customers back fast. They take the time to answer all of their questions and concerns. And they make their customers feel comfortable during the purchasing process. Their top-notch service is impeccable.
- Account reps give their customers personal attention and expert guidance. They work quickly, keep their customers informed every step of the way, and always help with their growing needs.
To get started, please visit Goldco’s website to sign up for their free gold IRA guide. And you’ll also receive a free proof Gold American Eagle for putting your faith and trust in this company.
Goldco Contact Details
- Address: 21215 Burbank Blvd. #600, Woodland Hills, CA 91367-7091
- Phone: (855) 610-4803
- Website: https://www.goldco.com