Are you ready to finally become a gold IRA investor? Like most Americans, you’re probably sick and tired of seeing your portfolio dwindle every day. The stock market is in a freefall and your 401(k) account is likely dwindling these days. What then are the prospects of gold IRA investing in 2022?
It’s time to take matters into your own hands as quickly as possible. It’s time to begin protecting your portfolio with quality gold IRA investments. You can purchase physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium for your retirement account. Precious metals investments tend to excel while others suffer, including stocks, bonds, and treasury bills.
As a matter of fact, gold IRA investing in 2022 has never been more important. The economic world is crumbling all around us. Yet, a gold IRA account provides numerous benefits that you may not be aware of.
Gold IRA Investing Advantages in 2022
Some of the main advantages of opening a precious metals IRA retirement account include:
- Portfolio diversity – it’s never wise to leave all of your eggs in one basket. By investing in physical precious metals, you’ll offset losses in the stock market, treasury market, and bond market among other investments.
- Tax benefits – depending on whether you open a Roth or traditional gold IRA, you’ll experience great tax benefits. With a traditional gold IRA, you achieve tax-deferred status and get to lower your overall annual income. With a Roth gold IRA, you fund the account with income that was already taxed, so everything earned within this account is yours to keep.
- Control your portfolio – with a self-directed gold IRA account, investors have the ability to choose their own investments wisely. They are no longer at the mercy of a 401(k)-account administrator that doesn’t have their best interest in mind. They can choose the top gold, silver, platinum, and palladium investments to boost their portfolio.
- Safe haven from inflation – typically, the value of gold increases as inflation rises. You’ll pay more for gasoline, groceries, and other expenses. But your gold investments will gain value at the same time, which provides a safe haven and offsets the negativity.
- US Dollar Protection – another fun fact is that the value of gold also increases when the value of the US dollar falters. So, if the US government begins printing money at an alarming rate this devalues the US dollar. But your precious metals investments will increase in value at the same time. Precious metals investments offset the negative aspects of a struggling US dollar, which is phenomenal wealth protection at its best.
At this stage of the game, you’re undoubtedly certain that it makes sense to begin gold IRA investing in 2022. The economy is in a freefall right now and the stock market loses massive value every day.
Stop watching your portfolio dwindle down to nothing. Instead, invest in a gold IRA as soon as possible. Learn about the top gold companies in business by reading my detailed review.
Choosing the Best Gold Company to Work With
Now that you’re serious about gold IRA investing, you need to find the right company to work with. This may seem difficult on the surface since there are so many to choose from. But I’ve narrowed down my choices to a top 10 list. I believe you will benefit from my years of experience in this industry. This is why I created the list in the first place.
My top 10 favorite gold companies in business right now include:
- Birch Gold
- Regal Assets
- Augusta Precious Metals
- Cornerstone Bullion
- Advantage Gold
- Monex Precious Metals
Again, this is my list and I promise it’s filled with the best precious metals companies in the world right now. But you may prefer to find a company on your own without my direct influence. This is certainly your prerogative and something that I support if you choose to go this route.
I want to help you make the best possible decision. So, I’m going to share the 7 critical factors that I use to rate each company. Use this information wisely to evaluate each potential gold company to see if they pass muster.
7 Critical Factors Used to Analyze Precious Metals Companies
- Online appear-review ratings – I always implore my readers to learn about a company based on their online peer-reviewed ratings. Companies like the Better Business Bureau, Business Consumer Alliance, and Trustlink work hard to learn about and evaluate these businesses. Use their information to see if a particular gold company is in good standing. Find out how well it’s rated, and also read. And customer reviews.
- Types of precious metals – remember, not every precious metal is eligible for a gold IRA. There are strict rules presented by the IRS for these particular accounts. Gold must have a 99.5% purity. Silver must have a 99.9% purity. And platinum and palladium must have a 99.95% purity level. If a particular gold, silver, platinum, or palladium fails to meet these requirements, it isn’t eligible for a gold IRA.
- Precious metals buyback program – the top gold IRA companies typically have a buyback program in place for their customers. Some aren’t allowed to officially say that their program exists. Yet they are still willing to buy precious metals from their customers when needed. A buyback program is important because you never know when you’ll need cash quickly. Knowing your precious metals dealer will buy back investments at the going rate provides peace of mind and added security.
- Stockpiling – every precious metals IRA investor has to keep their investments locked away in a secured vault at all times. This is one of the rules of the IRS. You are not allowed to keep your precious metals at home in a safe. So, you’ll need to work with a secured facility – typically one recommended by your gold broker. They will give you the option for co-mingled or segregated storage. Many investors choose segregated storage. They prefer keeping their investments safe and protected in a secure vault storing only their investments.
- IRA fees – in some cases, IRA fees can get very expensive if you work with the wrong gold broker. Many will charge additional administrative fees on a percentage basis. This can really add up to a lot of money as you grow and build your portfolio. Try to find the best gold brokers that offer flat administrative and storage fees. Our best company choices in the top 10 reviews all work on a flat fee basis.
- Service & delivery time – the best gold companies in the industry make sure that the services they provide are top-notch at all times. These companies are quick to help their customers and they are ready to answer questions and provide support at a moment’s notice. They also tend to ship their gold products within 48 hours or less and usually have a seven-day delivery time.
- Customer support & salesmanship – more than anything, you need to choose a company that excels in customer support. In the beginning especially, you’ll have many questions and concerns and you’ll want answers. Working with a gold company with a good customer support team means your questions will get answered right away. You don’t want to deal with pushy salesmen and saleswomen, which is also a great feature of top gold companies. They do not employ pushy sales tactics, which is important.
Are you ready to begin your retirement investing journey now? Learn more about the top gold companies that I personally recommend. You’ll learn valuable information by reading this detailed review, so please do so right now.
Getting Started with a Gold IRA Account
Now that you’ve chosen a great gold company to work with, it’s time to open and fund your account. Talk to your gold broker to find out specifically how they can help you. More often than not, the steps needed to open an account are as follows:
- Contact your gold broker of choice. Let them know that you’re ready to open your account and find out about their process. More than likely, you can get started over the phone or you can fill out an online form to open the account.
- Fund your gold IRA account next. You will do this through a gold IRA rollover or transfer. If you don’t have an existing retirement account, it might be possible to use personal funds to make the deposit. Inquire with your new gold broker to find out about their specific funding options.
- Purchase precious metals to boost your retirement account. At this stage, it’s time to start buying gold, silver, platinum, or palladium. You can choose from American Eagle gold or silver coins, Australian Koala Silver gold coins, Mexican Libertad Silver gold coins, Credit Suisse platinum bars, or Canadian Maple leaf Palladium coins amongst other great investments.
Gold IRA investing in 2021 is an absolute must if you’re looking to keep your portfolio safe and protected. You cannot ignore this investment strategy anymore. This is especially true as your stock market investments continue to lose massive amounts of money.
Do the right thing and protect your portfolio and long-term wealth. Invest in a gold IRA today. You can learn about the top gold IRA companies in business right now. Click here to read my detailed review of the 10 best companies to work with.