Cryptocurrency investing is all the rage these days. But there’s a lot more to it than simply buying Bitcoin or Ethereum and praying it goes up in value. In fact, this short-term thinking is nearly a surefire way to lose money.
To truly make money with crypto, you need to invest for the long term. You need to trust that this currency is the wave of the future. And over the long term, as more people, businesses, and nations adopt it, it will rise in value.
We want you to embrace digital currency and recognize its true value. Not only will we tell you the advantages of crypto. We’ll tell you the best strategy to make money as an investor.
If you aren’t careful, you could lose your shirt. But if you approach this correctly, you can set yourself and your family up for a happy and healthy retirement.
What sounds better? Making a risky investment or making a sound financial decision based on tried and true principles? In your heart, you already know the answer.
To learn about the best way to make money with cryptocurrency, please continue to read ahead. And while you’re at it, you can get an even better education about all things crypto. Please visit Regal Wallet and sign up for their free Bitcoin investor’s kit.
The Wrong Way to Invest in Cryptocurrency
Short-term thinking and flash-in-the-pan investing is a surefire way to lose everything you’ve worked so hard to acquire. It’s time to overcome this inferior strategy and begin thinking for the long-term.
Take the most successful investor in the world as an example. Warren Buffett only invests in companies that he’s willing to own for at least a decade, usually much longer. Many of today’s crypto investors need to adopt this strategy pronto. Otherwise they could end up getting creamed by this volatile digital currency.
Buying crypto in an effort to time the market and make a quick score is absolutely foolish at best. Instead, you need to consider the disadvantages of short-term crypto investing that include:
- Volatile price swings – Bitcoin in particular has had massive volatility over the years. But over the long-term it’s risen in value quite a bit. In the short-term, if you time the market wrong you could pay top dollar and lose a large portion of your investment in no time flat. So never buy for the short-term because crypto is much too volatile right now. Only invest for the long-term and you’ll definitely make solid returns over the years and decades to come.
- Taxes disadvantages – investing in a long-term crypto IRA provides major tax advantages. But you’ll only capitalize on these advantages if you buy and hold crypto until retirement age. Short-term investing is the exact opposite. You’ll suffer from major tax disadvantages. In fact, if you make quick money on your investment you’ll end up paying very high dollar amounts for capital gains taxes. Instead, you could hold off on paying taxes. Continue to gain value in your IRA account by holding your investment and make more money for years to come.
- Lack of security – as a crypto IRA investor you have the security of your custodian protecting your investment at all times. On the flipside, you may not have the best security available to protect your crypto as a short-term investor. You’ll leave yourself susceptible to hackers that are ready and willing to steal your digital currency at the drop of a hat. In 2018 alone, $1.1 billion worth of crypto was stolen that year. It happened to foolish short-term investors that didn’t have the protection of a top-notch IRA custodian watching their back. Don’t be the next victim of a Bitcoin hacking scam. Otherwise you’ll end up with nothing over the long term and nobody wants that to happen.
As you can see, it’s definitely possible to invest in crypto the wrong way. We’d like to tell you the advantages of a cryptocurrency IRA. We’ll also tell you why it’s the only way you should ever invest in Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, or other digital currencies.
The Full Power of a Crypto IRA
As you can undoubtedly tell, we are strong proponents of investing in a cryptocurrency IRA. Why? We feel it’s the only smart way to invest for the future. Not only will it help diversify your portfolio, it will also provide other advantages. Actually, this powerful currency can do much more than traditional options like the US dollar, the UK pound, and others.
The power of these digital currencies includes:
- Fraud protection – since crypto is a digital currency, it’s actually impossible to counterfeit it. On the other hand, credit card payments are charged back all the time and the seller loses out. The beauty of crypto fraud protection is the payments can never be reversed for any arbitrary reason. So you’ll receive your payment in crypto and never have to worry about an random chargeback from a scam artist ever again.
- Fast settlement – the beauty of quick settlement is that it doesn’t require outrageous or exorbitant fees when purchasing things like real property. In fact, you’ll never need to get third-party lawyers, brokers, or other third-party agents involved in these transactions. Crypto was specifically designed to eliminate the need for third-party approvals. So transactions that take place using crypto happen for a fraction of the cost of traditional transfers of assets.
- Total market access for all – you may not realize this, but more than 2 billion people have access to the Internet. They can access it via mobile devices or desktop computers. This worldwide access means nearly everyone in first world countries have access to the crypto market. In fact, this is becoming such a popular idea that the UN plans to send foreign aid in the form of Ethereum to Syria. It wouldn’t be possible if Syria didn’t have access to the World Wide Web.
- Currency decentralization – with our current currency structure, most countries or large organizations like the Federal Reserve have full control over currencies. Bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrency have no centralized interference. Transactions take place on a user to user basis. No governing body is ever going to step in and attempt to “regulate” your use of digital currency. And this is designed this way specifically to keep governments and large businesses from taking control in the future.
The Right Way to Invest in Cryptocurrency
Getting back to long-term thinking means truly understanding the value of a crypto investment. Did you know that from 2011 to 2017, investing $100,000 in Bitcoin turned it into a $3.7 billion windfall? It’s 100% true whether you knew it or not.
Guess what? You could never capitalize this way if you only invested for the short-term. Sure, you may have made some money on your $100,000 investment. And you’d even be happy with the outcome in some cases. But truthfully, you had the opportunity to become a multibillionaire just by putting faith in the currency that’s taking over in the future.
So it’s time to stop thinking in the short-term. You need to invest in a crypto IRA today and take advantage of the exciting benefits. Countries like the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, and others are embracing Bitcoin. This means that for the long-term, this already valuable investment will rise even higher. Are you prepared to take advantage of this unique situation?
We highly recommend opening a crypto IRA as soon as possible. Set aside money to regularly invest or buy crypto in one lump sum right now. And do it through a well-respected and qualified broker like Regal Wallet. Investing with them ensures you’ll get the best service at the lowest possible prices.
The Main Reasons to Choose Regal Wallet as Your Crypto IRA Broker
Regal Wallet and parent company Regal Assets have truly made a name for themselves in the alternative IRA investing space. Over the last decade plus, they’ve stepped onto the scene and really impressed everyone in their path.
You should consider investing with them for the following reasons:
- They are an official member of the Forbes Finance Council.
- Regal Assets/Regal Wallet has over 1000 verified five star ratings on the BBB, BCA, and Trustlink websites.
- They can safely move your profits around with ease. In fact, they’ll help you purchase gold and silver and safely store it with Brinks if that’s what you desire. All precious metals purchases are fully insured by Lloyd’s of London.
- They have an excellent buyback program in place. So if you ever need to sell your crypto for any reason, they’ll buy it back from you. No questions asked. And you will not have to pay additional fees. They’ll pay you full market value and deposit the proceeds into your account within 48 hours.
- Account setup typically takes 24 to 48 hours. Their competitors usually take around 30 to 60 days. See the difference?
It’s time to take crypto investing seriously. It’s time to protect your finances in a big way. Contact Regal Wallet today to sign up for their Bitcoin IRA investor’s kit. You’ll be glad you took the steps to diversify your portfolio and protect your financial wealth for the future.
This was a very informative article. I’ve always been interested in bitcoin but never took the risk of investing because of my lack of knowledge. You gave good tips on making long term wealth with it. My question is how do we know for sure it’s a long term thing? I feel like since it’s still early, if one major event happens then it could lose value very quickly.
Hello Jasmine! We know that bitcoin is definitely a good long-term investment because it has kept rising in value over the long-run since its start in 2009. Other major cryptocurrencies have followed the same pattern since their beginnings. Also, major corporations and investors are also investing in them which is an indicator that it will be more widely used in the future. On the other hand, as you mentioned, cryptocurrencies can also drop in value quickly and stay there for quite a long time so you would lose money if you invested only for short-term gains. It’s more of what you would do for 5-10 or more years down the line. Thank you for your feedback and inquiry, Jasmine!
As we advance in time, we are more and more embracing all things digital, our legal tender included. I’ve had to hold off on investing in cryptocurrency and reading this blog now, I reckon I was absolutely right not to have. Aside from your list of the disadvantages of investing crypto short term, I was also inexperienced. Nearly all my associates and friends were caught by the crypto rush. Many even claimed crypto was the best thing since sliced bread.
I have to say, I’m glad i found this guide because even though I held off then, I still have every intention of capitalizing on cryptocurrencies. But I intend to go about it with proper guidance.
Hello Rhain! Cryptocurrencies should only be invested in for the long-term as you never know what can happen in the short-term. I’m glad you found my post helpful! Thank you for the feedback, Rhain!
Hi thanks for the opportunity to comment. I have to be honest this subject just leaves me tied up in knots. I find it complicated hard to follow and almost unreadable (not your prose but the complexity of the subject generally). If there were a cryptocurrency for dummies book I would have to get it and read it because most of what I have read I just find unfathomable. It is very difficult to find non technical or complicated explanations that make you excited and ready to plunge head long into dealing in cryptocurrency
This site has helped me quite a bit in that respect it is written in plain English which makes the subject so much easier to begin to understand. So much of what you read around this is clouded in finance speak and jargon which is largely avoided here.
All that said I have yet to find a site that would persuade me to get into what appears to be a potentially lucrative but I have to say perennially risky business.
Thanks though I found it interesting
Hello Hamish! Thank you for the compliments to my post, I’m glad it was an informative in an easy to understand way! Cryptocurrencies are meant to be a long-term investment but you really have to believe that they will continue to rise in value in the long run. Thank you for the feedback, Hamish!
Hi David, great article. I didn’t realise cryptocurrency was now available as a retirement savings asset in its own right. The world of investing is truly moving very fast now. Given the speculative nature of cryptocurrencies, does this increase the volatility and risk within a retirement savings portfolio?
One of the advantages of cryptocurrency to date has been its ability to remain unregulated by governments and central banking authorities. However, there is nothing to stop these same authorities from introducing legislation or regulation to tax the income or gains made from owning cryptocurrency, short-term (trading) or long-term (buy and hold). What checks and balances have been built into the cryptocurrency IRAs to accommodate these eventualities and protect investors from potentially high taxation 20 years down the track when they draw down their savings for use in retirement?
Hello Fluffy Duck Studios! Yes, it may increase volatility and risk in the short-term but all the major cryptocurrencies have only rose in value in the long-run. A cryptocurrency IRA is a self directed individual retirement account which means that it has tax benefits as outlined by the IRS. Thank you for the feedback and the inquiries!
This article has opened my eyes as to the real way that you should invest in crypto and that is by having a long term plan and aim to actually embrace it as the next currency medium. In what ways do you think that cryptocurrency will affect the outcomes of our futures and how can investing encourage that?
Hello Jon! Major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin have only risen in value since their beginnings and are predicted by financial experts to continue to do so in the long-run. Major investors and companies are also embracing them and investing in them as well, such as Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and Facebook. Investing now would be to get in while the game is still at its early stages. Thank you for the feedback and the inquiry, Jon!
I didn’t know you could place cryptocurrency in an IRA. That’s news to me. I don’t think I could get an IRA, as I’ve been on government assistance for years, and am pretty much retired for good. (I’m not yet 50.) So, unless I can start an IRA, my crypto is primarily in an interest-bearing account on BlockFi. I’m always open to better options. I have no skill with paperwork, so taxes will be a nightmare when I have to start paying them again.
Hello Cathy Allen! Anyone who is a resident of the U.S. can get a cryptocurrency IRA that is tax exempt according to the IRS. You do have to pay fees, though. Our best company, Regal Wallet charges $240 a year and 0.0082 of your crypto from the second year forward (all first year’s fees are waived). I wish you good luck with your taxes! Thank you for dropping by with your feedback, Cathy Allen!
Hi David – Interesting article on Cryptocurrency. It appears that investing for the long term is the best strategy in general for investing, if you have the time. Is it possible in the future that Cryptocurrency could replace the dollar? How useful is this currency now in terms of purchases? When you purchase an IRA is it tax deferred as with a traditionally IRA?
Hello Nathaniel! Indeed, some people even have debates over whether cryptocurrency is the future of money. You can watch a debate here on YouTube where Peter Schiff and Erik Voorhees debate about the issue. Right now, cryptocurrencies are becoming more widely accepted as a payment form, especially Bitcoin. Yes, when you purchase an IRA it is tax-deferred as with a traditional IRA. Thank you for the feedback and the inquiries, Nathaniel!
Hello David, thank you for sharing this guide on how we can make money with cryptocurrency. The only way to invest in cryptocurrency I have thought about and known is purchasing the cryptocurrency at a low price and selling at a higher price. What a shallow mentality. I’m pretty impressed with the idea of crypto IRA and it’s numerous benefits are worthwhile. It’s indeed the right way to make money with cryptocurrency. Thanks for sharing.
Hello MrBiizy! Yes, investing in cryptocurrency is best when it is for the long-term. I’m glad you learned much from my article! Good to have you around again, thank you for the feedback!