Are you trying to determine the best time to invest in gold and silver for your retirement portfolio? In all honesty, it’s very difficult to predict price movements, especially the price of gold and silver. Yet, at the same time there is historical data that can help us figure them out.
On the other hand, certain experts have keen insight into the precious metals markets. These individuals have a strong track record of predicting future price movements for commodities like silver and gold.
Today, I’m going to do my best to help you. We’ll see precisely where I believe the gold and silver price will go over the next 10 years.
This isn’t going to be some random shot in the dark hoping I get it right. The things I’m going to share today combine expert theories and historic data to attempt to get it right.
Are you curious to see what I come up with? Keep reading to discover my predictions for the price of gold and silver in the next 10 years. And while you’re at it, click here to read my review of the best gold companies right now.
Expert Predictions for the Price of Gold in the Next 10 Years
As mentioned earlier, predicting the price of gold is never an exact science. But we can use historical and metaphorical data and current conditions to determine exactly where it’s headed.
Some of the experts in the precious metals market have made predictions for the direction of the price of gold in the next 10 years. Those predictions come from the following highly-respected individuals in this space.
- Brian Whitfield, Pres. & CEO of Pacific Coin Exchange – Mr. Whitfield believes that predicting the price of gold is the same as mastering alchemy. So, he ultimately thinks it’s nearly impossible to accomplish. Yet, in his expert opinion as the Pacific Coin Exchange CEO, he believes the price of gold will reach $3000-$5000. This prediction is based on the current state of the US and global economies. He also uses future market indicators like the 3/10-year bond inverted yield curve, and trends in physical gold buying.
- Moe Zulfiqur, Senior Analyst of the Lombardi Letter – Mr. Zulfiqur feels strongly that everyone should begin investing in gold right now. In fact, he thinks that you’ll be kicking yourself if you avoid this investment in 2022. He says he wouldn’t be very shocked if by 2030, the price of gold was $5000 per ounce. Why does he feel this way? It’s a combination of things. He likes that central banks are buying gold by the metric ton. He likes that we have diminishing gold grades in the ground. And he also likes that spending on gold exploration is dropping, which limits the supply. And more than anything else, global reckless government spending will increase the value of gold, he believes.
- The World Bank – The World Bank has a much different forecast for the price of gold than the other experts mentioned above. They believe that by 2030, the value of gold will decrease to $1400 per ounce. Why do they feel this way? They’re worried about the outbreak of the coronavirus, vaccinations that don’t seem to be working, and persistent loose monetary policies. With gold sitting at $1863 per ounce right now, I’d say they’ve made a full list prediction. The gold price seems to be holding strong and with all of the economic turmoil. So, it’s poised to increase in the near future.
Are you ready to begin investing in gold to solidify your retirement? It’s really easy to get started. The most important thing is to connect with a gold company that you can trust. I’ve discovered the best cold companies working right now and I’ve reviewed them for you. Read my detailed review by clicking here.
Expert Predictions for the Price of Silver in the Next 10 Years
Just like predicting the price of gold, it’s never very easy to predict the price of silver. Yet, there are many experts that know how to extrapolate data properly. They can use this information along with historical prices to determine the direction and price of this commodity.
Is it an exact science? Absolutely not! But it’s the next best thing. Because it’s important to feel confident in your investments before you begin. Experts sharing their thoughts on the price of silver will definitely make you feel like you’re on the right track.
The predictions include:
- Coin Price Forecast – this website was created to use data to predict long-term forecasts for commodities like precious metals. Based on the data that they’ve extrapolated; the value of silver will rise to $50 per ounce by 2027. And by the year 2032, they expect the value of silver to reach $80 per ounce. Their price prediction model uses historical price information to confidently predict where silver will go in the future.
- Alliance Gold, Precious Metals Dealer – according to their website, they predict the price of silver based on commodity market conditions. They have a prediction based on if the silver commodity were to go into a bear market. And they also have a particular prediction if the silver commodity was to go into a bear market. In bear market conditions, they believe the price of silver could drop to as low as $12 per ounce. In bull market conditions, they feel the price of silver could continue to rise dramatically. Since the value of silver has increased by roughly 3000% in the last 10 years, it could reach anywhere from $150 an ounce to $750 an ounce by 2032.
Are these foolproof expert predictions? Unfortunately, nobody could predict a foolproof anticipated price increase. Unless Nostradamus was still alive, but unfortunately, he is no longer with us!
Investing for the long term is the best way to purchase silver, gold, and other precious metals. They make an incredible hedge against inflation, which we are experiencing intensely right now. These commodities also offset a failing US dollar. To begin investing in a silver IRA, learn about the top precious metals companies that can help you get started.
The Historical Price of Gold & Predicting the Future
Many people do not know this, but the price of gold has changed dramatically in the past 52 years. And it has dramatically increased, which is excellent for retirees looking to invest in a gold IRA.
What has happened to the price of gold since 1970?
The value of gold has increased by an average of 10% per year since 1970. This doesn’t mean that if you invest in gold today, it’ll be worth 10% more at this time next year. That isn’t how long-term gold investing works my friends!
During certain years over the last 52 years, the price of gold remained stagnant. It didn’t really go up or down due to market conditions and other factors.
During other years, the value of gold unfortunately decreased during this 52 year stretch. This was particularly prevalent after gold experienced a tremendous bull market for an extended length of time. As an example, the value of gold reached $1668 at its height in 2012. In 2013, it only traded for $1409 per ounce. In 2014, it only traded for $1158 per ounce. It wasn’t until 2016 that the price of gold started to increase again. But now it’s currently trading for $1863 per ounce, which is definitely higher than it traded for ten years ago.
But here’s the real important thing to get through your head. In 1970, the value of gold was almost $36 an ounce. Today, as I’ve said on a couple of occasions, it’s closing in on $1900 an ounce. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that the value of gold has increased exponentially during these 52 years.
That’s why long-term investing is always the way to go. Learn about opening a gold IRA today. You can get started by reading my detailed review of the top 10 gold IRA companies in the industry.
The Historic Price of Silver & Predicting the Future
I won’t go into the same long explanation that I provided above about gold. But I will share important prices with you nonetheless.
As an example, the price of silver was $1.77 per ounce in 1970. Right now, the silver spot price is currently $21.94 per ounce.
To put this in context, if you invested in silver in the last 52 years, it increased by 1139.55%. That’s a tremendous value to say the least. And it’s incredibly hard to find other investments that can provide such amazing returns.
Will silver prices fluctuate throughout the years? Absolutely! But if you hold on for the long term, you’re bound to make big percentage gains over years and decades.
It doesn’t take a genius to see that the price of silver and gold will likely increase in the next 10 years. Is it an absolute guarantee? Nothing in life is an absolute guarantee except death and taxes. But historically speaking, these values increased tremendously as the decades add up.
Start investing in a precious metals IRA sooner rather than later. You can easily open an account through one of the top gold brokers online. Read my review of the best gold companies in business today to get started.