Retirement portfolios tend to take a hit during times of economic upheaval. Case in point: Trump threatened to impose heavy tariffs on Mexico if they didn’t help stop the flow of migrants coming into the US.
Do you know what happened to the stock market for a week once these threats went public? It took a serious nosedive. Suddenly economic stability appeared threatened because of the US president’s actions and the stock market reacted poorly. In fact, the Dow Jones industrial average fell by more than 1000 points during a 10 day span. It only started to turn around once Trump rescinded his Mexico tariff threats.
Anyone paying attention sees the volatility of our trade situation. Trump is stirring the pot and making Wall Street really nervous. He is doing it with the best intentions and his trade war tactics are designed to benefit the US for the long term. But he is creating short term chaos across the global financial markets. And if the opposition doesn’t play ball, his tactics could lead to a long, drawn out, and dismal time for retirees looking to preserve, protect, and grow their retirement portfolios.
You best bet is to begin moving your portfolio in a safer, more stable direction. You need to protect your nest egg by investing in gold. It’s the only form of legal tender accepted anywhere in the world. It grows in value during times of economic unrest – like right now! And the US economy is on shaky ground and the US dollar keeps losing value for a myriad of reasons.
Invest in a precious metals IRA today. Don’t wait before the damage is irreversible. Protect yourself and your loved ones by opening a gold IRA right now.
The Trump Trade War & Your Portfolio in the Short Term
For future or current retirees who haven’t paid too much attention thus far, Donald Trump is currently in a trade war with Chinese President Xi. This trade battle has escalated in recent months and it doesn’t seem like it will come to a head anytime soon. The main highlights include the following:
- Donald Trump seeks a new, more favorable US trade agreement with China.
- In 2017, the US under Trump started investigating the trade policies of the Chinese and didn’t like what they learned.
- In 2018 Trump and the US imposed billions of dollars’ worth of tariffs on Chinese products.
- In return, President Xi and the Chinese retaliated and imposed similar tariffs on the United States.
- At one point recently, it looked like the US and China came to an agreement. But at the last moment President Xi backed out of the deal.
- President Trump went on to tweet about the failure to come to an agreement. He humiliated China and President Xi in the process.
- The US and China are now in a deeper stalemate then even before.
Ultimately, we chose to share this information with you as a warning. The short term prospects of the stock market look dismal. We saw the first cracks in the US’s economic armor recently when the Dow dropped more than 1000 points in a week at the threat of more tariffs, but this time Mexico was the target.
Paving the Way to a Stable & Safe Financial Future
Are you prepared for the impending onslaught to your portfolio? Most intelligent investors recognize the writing on the wall and they’ve invested in gold. In fact, the biggest countries on the planet continue to stockpile gold year after year. It’s the one true currency to withstand the test of time.
Do you have a precious metals IRA? Why not? A gold IRA limits your risk of an economic collapse. It also protects your downside from the inevitable fall of the US dollar. Changes are coming fast. The rest of the world doesn’t see the US as the economic powerhouse moving into the future.
Learning about gold retirement investing is the smart choice. Take time to learn the ins and outs of investing in a gold IRA. It’s a great investment strategy to protect your portfolio from the US dollar rapidly losing value.
And while you are at it, learn about today’s gold IRA custodians. Unfortunately, many are known fraudsters and scam artists. You need to choose one with a great reputation and years of positive press like the one we wholeheartedly recommend.
The Trump Trade War & Your Portfolio in the Long Term
If Trump’s trade war lasts for years to come, the prolonged outcome could lead to serious problems for the US. In fact, many predict it will lead to another major economic crisis. Just like the one beginning in 2008 when the housing market bubble finally collapsed.
You may wonder what could happen if the next financial collapse happened. It could create financial devastation since our last meltdown was only a decade ago. Some potential scenarios include:
- The US dollar is decimated. If this happens, we would experience a state of hyperinflation. Suddenly, a three dollar dozen of eggs costs $75. This is obviously a potentially disastrous situation.
- The US experiences a bank run. In this case, the banks would have little money available. They would have nothing to lend and eventually they would run out of cash altogether. This would leave millions of US citizens without a way to pay for goods necessary for their survival.
- Widespread violence. When the usual comforts begin to disappear, people will begin feeling civil unrest. They will rob, cheat, and steal from their neighbors in an effort to stay alive and comfortable.
- The Federal Reserve drives the US to financial ruin. This may seem farfetched to some, but many others believe the Fed is intentionally attempting to create upheaval. If this ends up begin true, you can expect a swift financial downturn that ultimately makes the US dollar worthless.
How to Protect Your Financial Future for the Long Term
Preparation is the key to survival in dark times. The best way to survive an impending economic crisis is to stop being a sheep. Stop doing what everyone else is doing just to remain a part of the crowd.
Most people invest safely in their 401(k) and never consider the possibility of economic collapse. But you’re smarter than that. You see the writing on the wall and you’re willing to take action.
Do yourself a favor and learn more about investing in gold. In particular, learn about converting your current retirement account into a precious metals IRA. With a gold IRA at your command, you’ll limit risking everything by owning physical gold. So if the dollar did ever collapse, you could still support yourself and your family. Gold has been traded for goods and services for many millennia and it will continue until the end of time.
Begin learning about the gold IRA custodians doing business today. Some are accused of being frauds while others are known scammers. Find a custodian you can trust like the one we recommend.
Do you have any questions on what Trumps’ Trade Wars mean for my portfolio? Ask below!