During times of prosperity, it’s really difficult to listen to doomsday warnings. These messengers often tell us life is about to get uncomfortable really soon. And every year, various talking heads and financial pundits tell us the sky is falling.
Although many of these predictions fail to hit their mark, it’s important to prepare for the worst regardless. Whether the financial prophets get it wrong is almost irrelevant. What’s important is to know that predictions may fail, but preparation is the key to leading a successful financial life.
The Truth about Investing in Silver
Case in point: buying silver as an investment. Is it absolutely necessary? Or is it a waste of time and resources?
Believe it or not, silver is the one currency that will survive during times of imminent crisis. Why? Gold isn’t the answer. Paper currency would become worthless in this scenario. And Bitcoin won’t possess much value in a crisis situation.
Silver might not be as valuable as gold from a historical standpoint, but it’s much easier to use in a crisis scenario. Gold coins are worth $1500+ at the moment. It’s so valuable that you’ll have a hard time finding someone to accept it for goods and services.
On the other hand, a 1 ounce silver coin is worth about $20 bucks right now. You can easily use them to trade for goods and services if things go terribly wrong.
Rising consumer debt, rising corporate debt, the US national debt, and a lack of cash all point to trouble. In fact, they point to the inevitable crash that has to eventually happen.
You are undoubtedly ready to prepare for the inevitable. But you want to know what is the best way to buy silver. In our opinion, the best way is to open a silver IRA. Investing this way means you can take advantage of tax benefits and grow your silver holdings even faster.
Before we get into the best way to buy silver, we’ll touch on the reason to invest in precious metals, the real value of silver, and other important topics.
4 Reasons to Invest in Silver to Prepare for a Crisis
It’s nearly impossible to pinpoint the exact moment a financial collapse or meltdown will begin. But we can certainly recognize the signs of destabilization and severe devaluation of a currency like the US dollar. And those signs are more prominent than ever these days.
Investing in a silver IRA is necessary for these critical reasons:
- Corporate debt is out of control. Because interest rates have remained historically low for the past decade, corporate debt has grown by massive amounts. Most companies have wasted the money they’ve borrowed and added needless debt to their balance sheets. They used it to provide large executive bonuses, massive compensation packages, and stock buybacks. A day of reckoning is approaching that will rock the corporate world when it finally comes crashing down.
- Consumer debt is on an upward trajectory. This means that average people like you and me are borrowing more and more money once again. We apparently didn’t learn our lesson from the housing and financial collapse in 2008. In fact, household debt and student loan debt have reached outrageous levels. And it doesn’t seem like the borrowing will stop anytime soon. But we can’t continue borrowing money forever. It has to stop eventually. Most likely, it will stop when the US economy collapses because it can no longer sustain this huge debt burden.
- Dark financial trends are reminiscent of other times of collapse. In particular, the S&P 500 is valued at 60% higher than it’s currently worth. The only times the S&P had a higher value was in 2007, 2000, and 1929. Do those dates sound familiar? They should, because they’re the years that we experienced great depressions, major recessions, and financial upheaval.
- Big investors are backing out of the stock market. Warren Buffett and his holding company Berkshire Hathaway aren’t as keen on stocks as they once were. In fact, they’ve sold 97% of their position in Kraft Foods and 96% of their position in Johnson & Johnson. Investors like Buffett only sell stocks and move toward cash when the market is poised to crash. John Paulson and George Soros are also sellers in this volatile environment.
How a Struggling Economy Translates into Investing in a Silver IRA
If you haven’t figured it out by now, times of economic uncertainty lead to a devalued US dollar. They also lead to massive inflation. And just as bad, small businesses fail, big companies close down, and it becomes incredibly difficult to earn a living.
With massive layoffs and a devalued US dollar, it becomes nearly impossible to support your family. On the other hand, if you’ve invested in a silver IRA you can retain all of your value and financial worth. In fact, your paper money will ultimately become useless. Your silver money will become more valuable than ever because it will become the only accepted currency during difficult times.
Throughout history, silver is just as valuable as gold even though it’s worth a lot less. It’s maintained its value for thousands of years and independents and merchants find this currency perfectly acceptable. A wide range of sellers will accept it because it’s easier to take as payment as opposed to gold.
Safety is also a major issue in a doomsday scenario. Carrying around gold coins means you become a much greater target for ruffians and highwaymen and ne’er-do-wells. With silver you might still get mugged, but if someone steals five silver pieces you’ll only lose $100. If someone stole five gold coins from you you’d lose nearly $7500. Do you see the difference?
No one can predict when a doomsday scenario will happen. But you should prepare for one just in case. All signs point to big trouble ahead. Contact Regal Assets to get a free investor’s kit and learn how to open a silver IRA today.
Withstanding the Test of Time: 3000+ Years of Silver History
As you have undoubtedly surmised, silver has a long and storied history. In fact, it’s existed as a primary monetary metal for more than 3000 years. Believe it or not, silver has been in use as money even longer than gold. Actually, in many languages the word silver is synonymous with money.
Silver is historically reliable and it’s the perfect metal to preserve your wealth during tough economic times. Fiat currencies become worth much less as inflation rises. Silver, on the other hand, will not only maintain its current worth, it will also rise in value.
Buying silver now before things get tough is ideal. It means the value of your silver will grow and you’ll have more coins to spend when you need them the most. This is the perfect way to preserve your wealth and continue leading a good life.
Other people who remain unprepared will find it difficult to survive and thrive, but not you. Because you took the time to prepare for the worst case scenario. And it will pay huge dividends over the long run.
The Industrial Uses of Silver (Hint: It’s Way More Useful than Gold)
Even if the US economy doesn’t struggle and the inevitable massive inflation never hits, silver is still a great investment. Guess what? It has so many industrial uses that it will continue to rise in value no matter what happens.
Companies all around the world continue to mine for silver because it’s used in so many of today’s necessary products. The biggest businesses in the world need silver, keep buying it, and increase its value because of the huge demand.
Whether you know it or not, silver is important because it has many essential industrial uses. It’s an invaluable thing to own in good times and bad. It can be used in the following ways:
- solar energy
- medical instruments
- electrical wiring
- food packaging and preservation
- water purification
- nuclear reactors
Clearly, silver is a useful commodity in good times and bad. But it becomes even more valuable in bad times. They didn’t categorize silver as a precious metal by accident. Remember that.
In a Nutshell: The Best Way to Buy Silver (It’s Easier than You Think)
As of now, the best way to buy silver is to purchase bullion for your retirement account. A silver IRA is perfect for one major reason. It allows you to grow your account value while benefiting from certain tax benefits provided by the IRS.
Opening a silver IRA is a lot easier than you think. We recommend choosing a precious metals broker with an excellent track record, previous happy customers, and years of experience. Our #1 recommendation is a company named Regal Assets. They’ve helped thousands of customers over the last decade and they can help you too.
Visit Regal Assets’ website without further delay. Sign up to receive their free investor’s kit and click the green “Open Account” button in the upper right corner. When you do, you can begin the account creation process and get started investing in silver right away.