As the economy crumbles, it’s up to you to protect your nest egg. The government sure won’t step in to lend a helping hand. The Republicans and Democrats can’t even agree long enough to provide much-needed stimulus.
Forget about relying on them during your retirement years. You have to step up and make changes to preserve and grow your existing retirement portfolio. And investing in gold bars is a great way to add serious value to your bottom line.
You may be wondering where the best place to buy gold bars is and it’s an important question. You should also wonder how it’s best to buy gold bars as well.
Remember, not all gold purchases are created equally. In some cases you could end up really vulnerable if you aren’t careful. And in this instance you’ll end up getting ripped off. In other situations you’ll wind up with gold bars, but you may not experience the full benefits of this purchase.
I’m going to tell you different places that you can choose when looking for the best places to buy gold bars. But in reality many of the options I’ll share should be avoided at all costs. At the end, I’ll tell you my favorite place to buy gold bars. And I’ll tell you how to purchase them to achieve maximum profits.
Sound good? Keep reading to learn the truth about this powerful investment.
3 Terrible Places to Buy Gold Bars
The last thing I’d ever do is lead my readers down a blind and dark alley. And the most important thing is helping my readers avoid traps that could end up costing them dearly.
As you can imagine, there are certain places that could lead to serious repercussions when buying gold bars. Some of these places are so terrible that you may actually have to fear for your life while visiting them. Others are just out to rob you of your hard earned cash.
It’s my job to expose the scammers and unscrupulous business persons looking to pick your pocket. And that’s what I’m about to do. Stay far away from the terrible places that I’m about to talk about. Save your hard earned money to invest using my favorite option that I’ll tell you about below.
In the meantime, just know that I wholeheartedly recommend buying precious metals in a gold IRA. Whether buying gold bars, gold coins, or other precious metals, this option provides tax advantages and other opportunities. Read my reviews of the top 10 gold companies doing business today. And pay particular attention to the Regal Assets review.
Gold Bar Scammers #1: Shady Back Alley Deals and Dealers
Have you ever heard of Canal Street? It’s located in lower Manhattan and they’ll tell you that you can find anything there. Guess what? It’s likely true to a degree but you must trust your instincts in this case.
You’ll find plenty of people up and down Canal Street telling you they sell gold bars at a discount. And maybe this is true in some situations. But you’re more likely to end up buying fake gold bars instead of the genuine article.
Do you know what else? If you purchase these bars and discover they’re fake, you aren’t going to get a refund! You’re out of luck and out of money and you have no one to blame but yourself. You should never buy gold in a back alley deal from shady characters that you don’t know or trust. Otherwise you’re bound to get taken for a sucker. And I’d hate to see that happen to hard-working people like you.
When someone tells you they have a deal that’s too good to be true they actually mean it. The deal is a complete fiction and the person is likely a fraud or scammer. Try not to get caught off guard by these deceitful shady characters. Keep your moral compass in check. And remember to always buy gold from reputable verified brokers online or in brick-and-mortar stores.
Gold Bar Scammers #2: eBay Sellers
I hate talking trash about eBay to be 100% honest with you. The company means well and they try to provide a valuable service. Ask anyone who’s ever purchased gold through their website, they’ll tell you that it isn’t as safe as it appears.
When sellers have the opportunity to remain anonymous, they’ll always try to pull a fast one on unsuspecting victims. Remember, you have no idea who you’re purchasing from when you buy gold bars through eBay. You might end up purchasing from a crazy person, or a total scammer, or an everyday rip off artist.
Do you really want to do business with these kinds of people? EBay can only vet their sellers to a degree and hope they aren’t scammers. But truthfully, they just kick them off of their platform after they find out about their crooked deals. But you’re out of luck and out of money and it’s already too late at this point.
Getting a good deal on eBay seems like a great opportunity. But the odds that you’ll actually purchase legitimate gold bars isn’t necessarily in your favor. Stay away and you’ll always be safe.
Even better, remember to invest in a precious metals IRA through a reputable broker. Take a moment to click this link and read about our top 10 favorite gold companies today.
Gold Bar Scammers #3: Craigslist Ads
Believe it or not, Craigslist is still a very popular classified ads website. You can log onto the site and connect with classified ads sellers all across the world. But you’d be doing yourself a major disservice purchasing from sellers on this site. The major negatives of buying gold on Craigslist include:
- Craigslist is filled with tons of scammers. It’s possible you could sift through their listings to find a legitimate ad. But what happens if you make the wrong choice and buy from a scammer? You have to be vigilant on this website and you may still end up getting ripped off anyway.
- Craigslist ads are often too good to be true. One of the biggest signs of a scammer is a ridiculously amazing deal. If the deal seems so good that it’s hard to believe, you should avoid it like the plague. Every once in a while you’ll find a desperate seller. But more than likely you’re dealing with someone looking to rip you off and take your hard earned money.
- Craigslist posters use generic photos. This is one of the telltale signs that you’re dealing with a scammer. Most people will actually take pictures of their gold bars so you can view them for yourself. Scammers are going to post generic photos from online retailer websites and attempt to pass them off as their own.
Top 3 Reasons to Buy Gold Bars in a Precious Metals IRA
- The world economy is on the brink of destruction. I know this sounds dramatic and you may think I’m crazy for saying it. But if you pay attention to what’s going on in the world you’ll see this isn’t too far-fetched. Credit card holders lost their jobs and can no longer pay their bills. Homeowners are struggling to make ends meet to pay their mortgage. Unemployment is about to run out and people will be left with nothing. Politicians failed to provide the necessary stimulus needed to give the economy a boost. Gold is a safe haven against a crashing US dollar and it’s a great investment in this environment.
- Gold IRAs have remarkable tax advantages. There’s two ways to benefit the most with a precious metals IRA. You can take advantage of tax-deferred or tax-free retirement account growth. It all depends on how you set up your IRA account in the beginning. To learn more, talk to a qualified gold IRA specialist like the professionals at Regal Assets.
- Gold IRA investing puts you in control of your retirement. A precious metals IRA is also a self-directed IRA account. You take control of the reigns and direct your investments however you see fit. If you want to capitalize on the rise in value of gold bars, you can invest heavily in precious metals. It’s a great way to grow your portfolio quickly in this difficult economic environment.
Where is the Best Place to Buy Gold Bars: My #1 Choice
It shouldn’t shock you to learn that I recommend opening a gold IRA before buying gold bars. Why? I gave you three incredible reasons above, but if you need more convincing consider the following:
- Gold companies sell their products online and provide free delivery.
- They’ll help you get set up with a reputable storage facility like Brinks Global Services or Delaware Depository.
- The best gold companies waive their fees during the first 1-3 years.
- You can verify companies with the best reputations through the BBB, BCA, and TrustLink.
- The top gold companies have handled billions of dollars’ worth of gold transactions over the past decade.
Read our top 10 review of the best gold companies in the industry right now. Or even better, check out my #1 recommendation…
Regal Assets: My Favorite Gold Company
I’m not ashamed to admit that I love Regal Assets. They’re the leader in the gold IRA industry and they’ve dominated this niche for the past 10 years. And they haven’t slowed down in the least and continue to maintain their dominance.
Their biggest accolades include:
- Receiving an invitation to become a member of the Forbes Finance Council. This Council consists of the greatest financial experts in the world.
- They’ve received thousands of five-star reviews on the BBB, BCA, TrustLink, and other review websites.
- They offer instant buybacks to their customers. They will purchase your gold in a pinch and deposit the money in your account within 24 hours.
Visit Regal Assets online immediately. Fill out the form on their website and they’ll instantly send you their gold IRA investor’s kit. This kit is jam-packed with valuable information about precious metals IRA investing.